Healthcare is evolving at a rapid pace. With this evolution, the need to share patient information to positively impact the quality of care, appropriately coordinate care to reduce costs and provide a seamless patient experience is of critical importance.
Xerox Launches Multifunction Printer Designed for Smaller Healthcare Providers
The Healthcare MFP helps you deliver pertinent information at the right time, in the right format and at the point of care to help healthcare providers make critical medical decisions. Better still, it does so without the need for heavy IT infrastructure or knowledge, allowing every organization to take advantage of the technology. When purchasing a new MFP, you must invest in one that was specifically engineered for healthcare.
The Xerox Healthcare Multifunction Printer (MFP) can help you do just that. The Xerox Healthcare Multifunction Printer Solution, connected by Kno2, helps meet each of these challenges by solving the problem of secure sharing of patient information from one provider to another across the healthcare continuum.
Instead of faxing, mailing and inputting patient information manually, providers using the Healthcare MFP can simply scan patient documents using the “Share Patient Information” button, select a provider’s address from the national directory and click send. This avoids the need to make yet another copy of protected health information – risking HIPAA violations – and yields an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)-compatible, electronic exchange.
The Healthcare MFP not only enables providers to stay current with EMR regulations, but it also allows caregivers to focus more on patients and less on paperwork.
“For example, a mid-sized urgent care provider in Dallas, Texas found that the Healthcare MFP not only saved the time it takes to transfer patient information, but also time it took to redo forms due to inputting errors – with a census of 500 patients, that adds up to considerable time saved,” said Tracey Koziol, senior vice president, Office and Solutions Business Group, Xerox. “The Healthcare MFP provides a secure digital exchange workflow solution that is both intuitive and familiar, making actionable clinical information available more quickly to the care community, resulting in better patient outcomes.”
Highlights of the Healthcare MFP, connected by Kno2, include:
- Share patient information right from the MFP across a HIPAA-compliant network to better coordinate care.
- MFP touch panel access to national healthcare network of more than one million providers.
- Paper is transformed instantly to usable, relevant and “structured” patient documentation.
- Direct messaging via Kno2 over the Surescripts HISP, the largest and most secure health information network in the U.S., and document query via Carequality.
- Ability to request patient information electronically, reducing physician wait time, providing quicker, better informed decisions.
- A range of ways to exchange information depending on current provider capabilities, and the flexibility to grow into additional interoperability, all using an accredited framework through DirectTrust, an email system for healthcare providers.
- Equifax services for identity verification to secure patient information from start to finish.
Availability and Pricing
The Healthcare MFP is available in the United States as a new configuration of any of the following Xerox devices: Xerox WorkCentre® 3655i, Xerox WorkCentre 5865i/5875i/5890i, Xerox WorkCentre 5945i/5955i, Xerox WorkCentre 6655i, Xerox WorkCentre 7220i/7225i and Xerox WorkCentre 7830i/7835i/7845i/7855i. Pricing for the Healthcare MFP starts at around $2,500 or about $10 per month additional on a typical lease for a comparable standard Xerox WorkCentre.
To learn more about the Xerox Healthcare Multifunction Printer Solution or our other quality Xerox printing solutions, contact one of our Image Source product specialists at 909-453-5508, or click the link below to fill out an information request form.
About Image Source
Image Source is America’s #1 Xerox Agency. Serving California since 1988, they offer a full line of Copiers, Multifunction, All-in-One, Wide Format and 3D Printers, and more. A leader in Managed Print Services, they help their customers capture the full potential of their investment in hardware and cloud services. Image Source has helped both large and small organizations – in every industry from healthcare to education and manufacturing – to achieve better financial results, improve operational efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.