U.S. government agencies can now meet federal security mandates, consolidate sprawling and fragmented print infrastructures, and better manage costs with a simplified procurement of Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) cloud managed print services (MPS). Xerox sets the federal standard for security as the first MPS vendor to receive authorization for its cloud-based services.
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), which standardizes security assessment, authorization and monitoring for cloud products and services, includes vendors on a centralized list accessible by all federal agencies. By using a vendor on the list, federal agencies can reuse or leverage the security assessment work already done by the FedRAMP Joint Authorization Board in their own security and authorization process, a considerable savings in time. With the right MPS solution in place, agencies can achieve a boost of up to 20 percent in both productivity and cost savings.
Xerox MPS in action
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service headquarters office awarded a contract to Xerox for an MPS solution to optimize its workflow as part of a transition to a reduced workspace environment.
“We wanted to use our relocation to transform our work environment and better meet the demands of an increasingly digital and virtual workforce,” said Mark Newcastle, printing management officer, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. “The efficiencies created by Xerox’s MPS solution resulted in a 90 percent decrease in printing devices, consumables and reduced maintenance costs.”
Addressing the needs of federal agencies
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service isn’t the only agency prioritizing print efficiency. Every federal agency is under pressure to:
- meet federal executive orders to reduce paper use and unnecessary printing;
- meet additional sustainability goals such as power management and energy efficiency on all eligible agency electronic products;
- increase security to close the print security gap and reduce internal threats;
- and migrate document security to the cloud
“Xerox MPS for the U.S. federal government allows agencies to meet federal mandates and goals using Xerox’s FedRAMP-authorized cloud-based applications, saving them substantial time and money,” said Mike Feldman, president, North America Operations, Xerox. “As the only secure cloud MPS solution available through FedRAMP, Xerox’s MPS allow agencies to redirect resources to deliver their core missions and better serve citizens.”
Xerox’s MPS solution makes printing secure
Ninety percent of federal IT security officials say they feel vulnerable to security threats with 61 percent saying they’ve already experienced a data breach. Xerox’s FedRAMP-authorized MPS for U.S. federal government solution offers a clear security advantage:
- FedRAMP-compliant cloud infrastructure featuring a secure, point-to-point, Trusted Internet Connection (TIC), which allows no connectivity to the public internet.
- National Institute of Systems and Technology (NIST) certified application and architecture design.
- Common Criteria Certification and robust Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) controls, encryption and cryptography standards for Xerox devices.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1/1.2 and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3 investments, which enhance device communication security.
- Government-standard encryption levels implemented for systems and data traffic to ensure information is secure and safe from internal or external exposure.
- Prevention of unauthorized access to the SIPRNet, a system of interconnected computer networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit information classified as “secret” or below.
- Digital identity requirements compliance, enhanced data encryption, audit logging and analysis capabilities from upgraded processes and procedures for ongoing security vulnerability assessments.