AirPrint™ is a driver-less printing technology from Apple. The technology let’s Apple devices print to the AirPrint compatible devices without installing drivers or downloading software. The Apple devices that support this technology are iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and even Mac® OS X®.
Please check out this video that includes all the set-up information you need to enable and configure your Xerox ConnectKey device and will walk you through the steps. It really is easy to enable the feature.
To see if your machine does or can support this technology please review the ConnectKey portfolio.
The AirPrint technology can be helpful to your employees and customers that utilize the Apple products that are compatible with the technology. There is a comprehensive document that explains all the requirements for use of the technology. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Not all applications support AirPrint.
- Wireless devices must join the same wireless network as the printer.
- For AirPrint to function, both IPP and Bonjour (mDNS) protocols must be enabled.
- The device that submits the AirPrint job must be on the same subnet as the printer. To allow devices to print from different subnets, configure your network to pass multicast DNS traffic across subnets.
- The Mac OS device must be Mac OS 10.7 or later.
- AirPrint-enabled printers work with all models of iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (3rd generation or later), running the latest version of iOS.
The document also walks you through the steps to print from the various Apple devices that use the technology. A troubleshooting section is included to help you figure out any problems or issues you have with using AirPrint. If you are or want to use it I know that you will find this document very useful. There is also online support specifically for AirPrint including videos, documentation and how to and troubleshooting information
Most of the ConnectKey printers that support the AirPrint have solutions in the Online support for enabling and configuring the machines with AirPrint. There are also AirPrint solutions on the Xerox Support Community Forum. If AirPrint is something you would like to use give it a try with your Xerox ConnectKey Printer.