Does going green mean higher costs for your business? Not anymore! When you implement more sustainable business practices, you’ll see why being good to the environment is also good for your bottom line.
- Buy in bulk. Buying your groceries in bulk saves on the per-unit cost and reduces waste by using less packaging. Keep the same principle in mind when you buy supplies like toner or recycled paper. Look for the words “high-efficiency” or “high-capacity” to denote bulk-sized items that lower your per-print or per-unit cost.
- Replace stand-alone devices with MFPs. Instead of buying several individual fax machines or printers, buy one product that can print, copy, scan and fax. You’ll save money by purchasing supplies for only one device instead of several. Plus, you’ll cut energy use you would have used to power separate devices.
- Choose energy-saving products. Save money on energy bills by choosing ENERGY STAR compliant printers and multifunction printers. Make sure ENERGY STAR is enabled before you start using the equipment. Some Xerox products can learn your workgroup’s usage patterns and automatically adjust between power saving and ready modes to help conserve energy.
- Look for environmentally responsible print technologies. Scientific breakthroughs like Xerox-proprietary Emulsion Aggregate (EA) Toner and Solid Ink allow you to print more while creating less waste. EA Toner, delivers sharper, more uniform image quality, longer fuser life, better reliability and lower total cost of ownership over the life of a machine.
- Duplex print and copy. Using both sides of a page is the best way to reduce paper use. Double-sided printing is available on most Xerox products, as is a document feeder that can scan both sides of a page at once for fast double-sided copying.
- Adjust print driver default settings. Customize your print drivers to become more eco- and budget-friendly. Choose duplex printing as your “default” mode and adjust settings for specific applications, such as always printing emails in black-and-white. Xerox drivers offer the unique ability to customize print settings for each application, allowing you to automatically apply these custom settings each time you print.
- Use scanning to enable digital workflows. Xerox multifunction printers can be your on-ramp for turning paper files into electronic ones. Scanning documents make them easy to archive, share, email and retrieve. This saves time spent searching for information and saves money by reducing paper document warehousing or storage costs.